County history officials invite the public to help with an archaeology dig Saturday, March 17, at the site of the former Woods House in Southeast Denton.
The house once stood in Quakertown, the free black community that was forced from its original location near Texas Woman’s University to the southeastern side of the city. William Evelyn Woods owned the house and rented it out to residents while he remained on his farm near Pilot Knob in Argyle.
The dig runs from 9:30 a.m. to noon at 1015 Hill St. Items collected will become part of the permanent collection at the Denton County Office of History & Culture.
For more information, call the county office at 940-349-2850.